How to drink your juice?
- Always consume your first juice (labelled 1) immediately when you wake up, before you brush your teeth, and even before you drink any fluids. This is so that you can take advantage of your highly concentrated saliva to help your body better assimilate the nutrients and enzymes.
- “Chew” your juice. Try to simulate the chewing action with every mouth of juice. This will aid in the digestion of your juices.
- Drink bottle 2 during morning tea, bottle 3 for lunch, bottle 4 for afternoon tea, bottle 5 for dinner, and finish off with bottle 6 for supper.
- Each bottle of juice should be finished in the shortest time possible.
- You may want to consume the juices about 2 hours apart.
Drink MORE water!
2 bottles of 500ml Alkaline Water are provided for you to help further alkalize your body. If possible, consume even more than these w bottles of Alkaline Water. Your body needs lots of fluid to flush out toxins.
REST REST REST
Make sure you get sufficient rest during the juice fast as you will probably tire more easily. Do not exert yourself.
Things to Expect during the 3 or 5 -Days Detox
It is normal to experience the following during your juice fast:
- Feelings of indigestion
- Rashes may appear on your body
Most of these symptoms should disappear after the 2nd day. Rashes may appear only from the 2nd day.
BEFORE the Detox
Prepare for your detoxing at least 3 days before you start your program. Start by reducing your intake of red meat, fried food, simple carbs (eg. bread, pasta, rice) and white sugar. Consume more raw vegetables and fruits, steamed white meat and fish. Steamed vegetables are ok too.
AFTER the Detox
It is important to break the juice fast properly. This will help to ensure the maximum efficiency of your 3 or 5 -Days Detox:
- Continue to consume at least 4 litres of water a day.
- Stay with healthy meals and snacks that contain lots of raw greens and fruits. Try to avoid all meats on the 1st day after the fast. Steamed vegetables are fine.
- You may start on steamed or baked fish with potatoes (not French Fries) or brown rice on the 2nd day.